Bank of Ireland – Bristol
Clients: Bank of Ireland
Architect: Reddy Architecture and Urbanism
- The restaurant operators, Compass Group, closed the restaurant operation for a maximum of 2 weeks, within which time our contracted brief was to strip out and totally refurbish the servery area ready for handover on the morning of re-commencement of trading.
- Vear Group handed over the project on time and in a clean and operationally ready condition including the issue of an O&M manual and Building Control approval.
- The lead in time for joinery and catering equipment involved close liaison with the architects in respect of design development.
Vear Group brought a very professional and enthusiastic ethos to the project. Their sub-contractors were excellent and all their staff were very easy to deal withPeter Duignan
DESCRIPTION OF WORKS
- Strip out and disposal of all fixtures and fittings including mechanical, electrical and refrigeration works.
- Mechanical and electrical modifications performed by our own in-house team of engineers.
- Supply, manufacture and install new joinery shop fittings and counters.
- Supply and install new catering equipment to include;
– Hot plates
– Cold plates
– Display lighting
– Refrigerated soft drinks and beverage unit
– Barista Coffee Machine
- New Fire Shutter and associated casing works to the Servery.
- New Flooring.
- New and re-configured lighting.
- Feature Ceramic Wall Tiling.
- Construction of a new Deli-preparation room.
HEALTH & SAFETY AND SITE SECURITY
- Due to the necessary long hours and weekend working Vear Group worked closely with the building managers, Mitie, to ensure all site operatives were security cleared in advance to ensure a smooth induction process.
- We had no reportable incidents (minor or major) in respect of Health & Safety.
May I firstly say thank you to you and your extended team for delivering the project on time and to what is, on balance, a very high standard.
The team on site were very committed and nothing was ever too much trouble. Mark Winchcombe was a credit to VEAR, please pass on our thanks. Customer feedback has been very positive and the catering team are enjoying their new facilities alsoJohn Jackson